Today we’re trying something new on the blog! I am in the habit of making 1-2 cards a week depending on occasions that are happening. This week it happens to be children’s birthday parties. Since I usually use new product from the store I thought I’d share the cards here.
The supplies I used for this card are:
• Big Shot
• MFT Die-namics Girl Paper Doll Border
• Jilli-Bean Soup 6×6 paper pads
• Acrylic block
• Hero Arts CL611 – Birthday Greetings
• Dyan Reavely Dylusions stamps – Right up Your Street
• Hero Arts dye ink – black
• Hero Arts shadow ink – soft granite
• Zig 2 way glue
• Glue glider
• Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper ¼ – ½ (*did you know we had a new size in the store?)
• Doodlebug Pearl dots
• Cardstock (colour and white)
• Tattered Angels chalkboard Glimmer Mist – Cherry Cola
• Foam dots
First I used the Big Shot to cut a small floral pattern strip with the Paper Doll border from My Favorite Things. Then I sprayed some Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist on a square of white cardstock (4×5 inches). I rounded the corners of the white panel and adhered to card base. Next I stamped the sentiment in black and the house in Soft Granite ink on another patterned paper and cut it out. I adhered the house with foam dots to give some dimension to the card. I finished the card off with the colorful pearls. Quick and easy.
Since I had it out I thought I’d show you one of my latest favourite organizational products – the ArtBin magnetic case! The case comes with 3 magnetic sheets (you can buy more separately) and is a fantastic and portable way to transport your thin dies – I love it!
Stay tuned next week for the next card in this series.
Happy card making!