Posted by Wendy
Happy Regatta Day Everyone! I had some gorgeous patterned paper that I was dying to use so I made it the jumping off point for this week’s create a card post. I have the 6×6 Crate Paper Maggie Holmes paper pad and there are so many soft patterned papers in it – gorgeous. Supplies I used for this card are:
- Wink of Stella Pens (glitter pens)
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Dimensional Adhesive
- Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Hero Arts Stamp set
- Unity Stamp Set
- Color Shine Primrose & Mint Green
- Acrylic Block
- Neenah Solar White cardstock (base)
- Maggie Holmes patterned paper
As an aside I did try out several coloring mediums before settling on the Wink of Stella Pens and here are the results:
Wink of Stella on the top image, Derwent Inktense blended with the Tim Holtz Detailer brush is the middle image and prismacolor pencils blended with the Prismacolor blender is the last image. I enjoy using all three to color with and really it just depends on my mood 😉
I chose to go with the Wink of Stella pens since they are new to The Paperie and as you know I like to test out product before I recommend. However I did cut out all the coloured images to use on future cards. There are two versions of Wink of Stella, these are the pens which we can special order, but they also make a brush Wink of Stella which we currently have in silver & gold with more color varieties enroute.
I’ll have to admit I have all the Spica pens and use them to add a little glitter to stamped images from time to time so I wondered if the Wink of Stella pens would compare with those and they do, however the Wink of Stella pens seem to have better coverage and an easier application than the Spica which I find ‘catch’ sometimes on the paper. Remember though that they do have a pen nib so small areas to color or highlight with these are fine but larger ones would be very tedious.
Here’s the card:
- Cut the patterned paper to form the panel and adhered with foam adhesive
- Flick drops of the Mint Green and Primrose Color Shine onto the front of the card going from top left corner to bottom right in a diagonal
- Stamp Unity image onto Neenah Solar White paper and colour with Wink of Stella pens
- Cut image into a panel for front of card
- Use Hero Arts stamp set and cut the “Happy Birthday to You!” Strip and stamp using memento ink onto image panel.
- Use Crop-o-dile to punch notches on top of card and tie twine (looping around twice); make a bow.
- Adhere panel to top portion of patterned paper with foam adhesive.
Done – again another simple card that would make for an easy set as a gift.