Posted by Wendy
As you may have noticed I get many of my ideas from Pinterest – I am slightly addicted to it. The card for this week was taken from a card I saw on Pinterest – I altered the opening shape and die used but stayed pretty similar to Eileen’s card.
Here are the supplies I used:
- Dies: Memory Box and Nestabilities
- Silhouette Pick me up tool
- Tim Holtz scissors
- dimensional foam adhesive
- double sided tape
- white Uniball Pen
- Distress Ink: Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Broken Glass
- Martha Steward stamp mount
- Archival Jet black ink
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Bigshot (not shown)
And this old classic stamp set from Hero Arts – CL459 “Merry Christmas Trees”
Here are the two cards I made – pretty much identical except I adhered the die cut tree a little differently in each.
- Cut a panel from white cardstock and apply distress ink with foam blending tool – overlapping colors
- Use Uniball pen to add ‘stars’
- Die cut the tree and the ‘frame’ with the wafer thin dies
- Adhered frame to distressed panel with foam adhesive
- stamp sentiment and cut from white scrap
- adhere die cut tree
- adhere entire panel to white card base
Love the look of this background and can’t wait to try it again in combination with some of my other dies.