Hi Everyone, Happy New Year’s Eve!
This is our last Create-a-Card post for 2013! Wow can you believe the year is over? I for one cannot. Before I share my card, here is a little bit of New Year Cheer for you! Due to the poor weather conditions on December 27th we will be honouring the following promotions when we re-open on Thursday, January 2nd:
- 50% OFF ALL 6×6 and 12×12 Stencils!
- 40% OFF ALL Christmas & Halloween Stamps!
- 40% OFF ALL 12×12 Patterned Paper!
- 30% OFF all Christmas Supplies!
- 60% OFF ALL CLEARANCE (the original price)
Now on to our usual Wednesday business! Here is the card I made for today:
Fitting, don’t you think?
- Die cut ‘hello’ from a panel of card stock (making sure to save the inside of the ‘e’)
- Use Versacolor cubes of ink to lay down an ombre effect on the card base where the ‘hello’ would end up
- Cover inked layers with UTEE and melt with heat gun – love the added dimension UTEE brings
- Layer die cut panel on to the card base using foam adhesive
- Add Allison Kreft number stickers – I have a ton of half used element sheets that I must remember to use
- Create 2 notches near the top of the card and tie some coordinating twine around card to finish
The supplies I used for this card are:
- My Favourite Things Die-namics Happy Hellos
- Versacolor ink: Pink, Opera Pink, Orchid
- Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
- Zig 2 way glue
- Allison Kreft Element sheet
- Foam adhesive
- Big Shot (not shown)
- Crop-a-dile (not shown)
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
This time of year I always think about how I’m going to make improvements in my day to day living – not New Year’s Resolutions per se but just how to consciously live better. I also think about this in my scrapbooking and card making; so for instance this year I plan to ‘bust my stash’ whenever I can, share some of the amazing local talent we have here in our Paperie community, and share some organizational tips with our readers.
We’d love to hear what you would like to see us feature on the blog – share some suggestions with us as we transition into the new year! Don’t forget – we have an exciting class line-up for January: www.thepaperie.wordpress.com/classes