It’s Tina here with a new monthly blog series called “Tina’s Technique”. Those of you who know me know how much I love to have all the latest and greatest supplies to play with … I love learning new techniques and using them on projects … and the messier the better.
For this project I used the following supplies:
- Archival Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Embossing Folder
- Pretty Peridot Silks
- Viva Decor Modelling Creme
- water mister
- burlap panel
- water colour pencil
- Ali Edwards stamp set “Love Always Wins”
- Big Shot (not shown)
- old book paper (not shown)
- paint brush (not shown)
Here’s my project:
I had so much fun playing! Here are the instructions:
- Start with water color paper panel and adhere pieces of book paper and cheese cloth with multi medium
- Allow to dry and run through the big shot with a Tim Holtz Embossing folder for extra texture
- Paint with Pretty Peridot Silks acrylic glaze (watered down to make more of a wash)
- Apply Viva Modellier-Cream through a Crafters Workshop Stencil with a palette knife
- Once dry, outline the heart with a black water color pencil (blended with a wet paint brush)
- To darken the heart and highlight the texture, run the paint brush over the heart
- Randomly stamp over the surface with an Ali Edwards stamp called Love Always Wins
This started out as a tag but I chopped off the top and glued it to the burlap canvas to create a little Valentines décor.
I hope you’ll enjoy playing along with me during these monthly posts. Have Fun and come visit me at The Paperie!