I’m back with another card I created for my nephew’s birthday in February. I’m going through a stint of playing with stencils – I think its the discussions with Sara about using supplies we have that have lead to this. Here’s the card I made:
and here are the supplies:
- Avery Elle Stamps set “Handwritten Notes”
- Hero Arts Stamp set “Going”
- Glue Glider Pro
- Kraft Mat
- Distress inks: mustard seed, barn door and faded jeans
- Tim Holtz Layering stencils “Splatters”
- Neenah Solar White card panel
- Neenah Desert Storm card base
- foam adhesive (not shown)
- Uniball Pen
- Post it tape (not shown)
- Memento Ink Tuxedo Black (not show)
- Tim Holtz scissors (not shown)
- First I adhered the stencil to the card panel and kraft sheet with some post it tape;
- Next I took some mustard seed Distress ink and applied it through the stencils with the foam applicator tool
- I then shifted the stencil slightly and moved on to the other colours.
- I stamped the car with Memento ink and fussy cut it out.
- I stamped the sentiment with Memento ink and used my cutter to cut and strip and my scissors to make it into a banner.
- I adhered the panel to the card front
- I adhered the card with my glue glider
- added the ‘road’ with my black uniball
- adhered the sentiment banner with foam adhesive
I love how this turned out – great way to make a bunch of card panels at once for future use. I can also see how these layering stencils are great for layouts.