For this week’s create a card I wanted to make a simple set of Birthday cards to have on hand as my daughter’s class is about to enter birthday party season again. I purchased a set of Lawn Fawn note cards to use as my base – while I primarily use plain card stock as my base it’s nice to have a quick and easy option. Here are the cards:
A close up of one:
The Supplies I used:
- Hero Arts Shadow Ink – Silver
- Hero Arts Shadow Ink- Fresh Peach
- Hero Arts Shadow Ink-Green Hills
- Hero Arts Shadow Ink – Pale Tomato
- Paper Smooches ‘Birthday Sampler” stamp set
- Lawn Fawn ‘Flutter By’ stamp set
- Martha Stewart Stamp Mount
- Embossing folder (not shown)
- Big Shot (not shown)
- Perfect Pearls
- Neenah Solar White card stock
The card panels were already done so I just had to cut some Neenah card stock to size. Next I stamped out the greeting 4 times with the Hero Arts Silver Shadow Ink and then before it dried I pounced on some Perfect Pearls powder and then brushed off the excess – so pretty in real life.
I used one of the butterfly images from the Lawn Fawn set and did some generation stamping/ stamping off. This is where you ink the image once and stamp out a couple of times. On a couple of the cards I reinked once to make 2 of the darker images instead. Once I was sure the ink was dry I ran the panels through the BigShot with the embossing folders and adhered them to the card bases with regular adhesive. A quick and easy set of birthday cards ready to use!