We’re off in the morning for our Spring Scrapbook Retreat at the Wilds! Please note that the store will be open for regular business hours, however much of our workshop/AccuCut is packed up so if you’re looking to drop in and use our die-cuts you may want to call ahead.
Today we have 2 cards to share using the Hero Arts/Basic Grey “Spice Market Large Petal Background” stamp.
Here are supplies I used:
- Post- it tape
- cutter (not shown)
- clear embossing powder (not shown)
- Heat gun (not shown)
- distress ink (festive berries, peacock feathers, seedless preserves)
- ink applicator tools
- zig glue pen
- perfect pearls mists
- memory box dies
- Big Shot (not shown)
- Neenah Solar White card stock
- Watercolor paper
- foam adhesive
Here are the 2 cards that I came up with for this week:
Here’s a close up of the shimmer – very pretty in person.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to size of background stamp
- Ink up background stamp with versa mark ink
- heat emboss using clear embossing powder
- choose 3 colours of distress ink and apply randomly over card in circular motion, blending as you go
- cut panel to card front size (I did slightly smaller)
- ink edges with ink applicator
- die cut image (butterfly, flower, greeting) using big shot
- apply with zig glue gun
- stamp greeting on to scrap of watercolor paper (hello) and cut into a banner and adhere with foam adhesive.
- apply entire panel to card front with foam adhesive
I will definitely be making a set of 4 of these as blank notecards for my mom to have on hand.