I had a lot of fun creating the card for this week’s post. I was inspired by all the watercolor techniques out there in the paper crafting world these days when I created this card. It was fun to play for a bit without an outcome in mind; something I do not do often enough.
The card I made:
- Koi watercolor set
- Zig glue pen
- Versamark ink
- black sparkle embossing powder
- heat gun (not shown)
- April Studio AE Technique Tuesday set “Good Times”
- Black Archival ink.
- Seedless preserves Distress Ink
- Foam applicator
- Perfect Pearls
- acrylic block
- foam adhesive
- black cardstock
- watercolor paper
- Make a card base from black card stock
- cut a panel from watercolor paper approximately 1/4 inch smaller than card front
- heat emboss the “embrace today” sentiment with black sparkle embossing powder
- mist water into several colours of watercolor paints and with a very wet brush pick up the colour and tap on top of panel (I held panel upright on my craft mat and tapped it several times to make drips)
- let air dry and adhere to black panel with foam adhesive.