Happy Monday! Happy Mojo Monday!!
This week our Summer Lovin’ Challenge Contest continues!
Are you having fun this summer?? We know you want to share it!! Spread the Funshine!
With every entry between now and the 31st of August, your name will be entered to win a fabulous prize:
Our exclusive September 2014 Card Kit, and a chance for your creations to be showcased on our blog!!
As a reminder, here are the criteria of our contest:
- Your layouts should include photos that were taken during June, July and/or August 2014.
- Your layouts should show a celebration of summer in some way – i.e. recent vacation, stay cation, special occasion or event, or something as simple as running through the backyard sprinkler.
- If you choose to create a summer themed card, or summer-themed paper crafted project, we ask that you post something new that you made this summer.
- Each layout/card/paper crafted project shared, is one entry. Enter as many times as you want 🙂
- Share your layouts/cards/projects with The Paperie.
How do you share your layouts and enter our contest??
- Upload your layout to the Mojo Monday Gallery on our Facebook page.
- Tweet your creation using our Twitter handle
- Email us your entry email@example.com
Each year, my entire family takes a day trip to Bell Island for a family picnic. My mom grew up there, so it is our location of choice. The kids love the short ferry ride, the treats, and the games we play together. The photo I used for this week’s layout is of my niece. Cupcake in hand, she wandered into the weeds to find flowers 🙂
I used my Aquacolor crayons and a water brush to create the background on water-colour paper.
I wanted to stencil some feathers onto the background and decided to tint my modeling paste to make a green to bring out the grass in the photo. I used an empty plastic yogourt container, added some modelling paste, and a couple of drops of my Dylusions Ink Spray in the Chopped Pesto colour. Mixed them up et voilà!
I found an acetate layover from my stash that had the perfect thought for the layout, as well as one of my Dina Wakley stamp sets. And I admit that I have used Heidi Swapp’s new glitter stickers on my layout for the last three weeks 🙂
For another take on watercolour backgrounds, you should join us for Cathie’s Mixed Media class this week on Saturday the 23rd. She will be using Koi watercolours, India Ink and hand lettering with Bamboo brushes to create a beautiful layout. Call the store to register. 726-5323
-I will back next Monday, and each Monday until the end of August, with my celebrations of the Summer.