Happy Monday! Happy Mojo Monday!!
This week’s challenge is to use modelling paste through a stencil to create a background.
Here’s another challenge coming out of our Fabulous Fall Retreat.
Many of our instructors shared some of their talents and knowledge through their demos of products and techniques. Cathie, who happens to be a huge fan of Mixed Media, was very excited to share the news of a new Finnabear line from Prima Marketing. Cathie shared that this Art Basics line, “goes deep” in that is has much to offer for a new release in the Mixed Media category. Lots of options for modelling pastes, Gesso, gels etc. as well as textured pastes, art sugars and glass beads!
Cathie demoed much of the new product and was eager to show and share the new Color Bloom spray mists. They come in 22 gorgeous colours and are virtually mess free!!
Check out this beautiful layout created by Cathie;
Some of the new Prima Products that Cathie used to create this background were Prima Heavy Gesso, Prima Color Bloom Spray, and Prima Light Modeling Paste. A lot of Prima love on this page!
Cathie was nice enough to share the steps she used to create the layout:
1. Leftover label stickers to create pattern background. This was actually the inspiration for this page.
2. A couple of coats of Prima Heavy Gesso – any white gesso will do or white acrylic paint in a pinch – to knock back the color of the labels.
3. A spritz or two of Tea Stain and Precious Stone – Prima’s Color Bloom Spray.
4. Prima Light Modeling Paste through a stencil. I used Dots and Dashes 12×12 by Ronda Palazzari. Dry modeling paste with a heat gun to make the paste puff up.
5. Stamp on modeling paste with background stamp and black Archival Ink – because the paste is raised you won’t stamp on the background paper if you don’t press too hard. I used the Hero Arts cling background – Friends Definition. It’s my fave.
6. Then embellish. I used Epiphany Bubble caps, Shimelle die cuts, SC wood veneers, etc…
The Prima line sold really well at our Retreat. We are ordering more!! If you want some, you know what to do!
Send us an email
or give us a call 726-5323.
Drop by the see what we might have left in stock.
We would love for you to share your stencilled backgrounds with modelling paste or gel!
We would love for you to share the projects you made with us!! Here’s how you can;
- Upload your project to the Mojo Monday Gallery on our Facebook page.
- Tweet your project using our Twitter handle
- Email us a photo of your project to email@example.com
A special thanks to Cathie for sharing her work with me, and now our followers.