Announcing our Daily Deal for today – Saturday, December 13th…
25% off all Past Paperie Kits!
That includes our Retreat kits, November and older Paperie Card Kits & Scrapbook kits
(Current December kits and subscriptions not included).
If you can’t make it in for our daily deals, be sure to call us with your credit card and we will set aside your purchase for you. Offer is good day of sale only.
Sara’s Prima Doll Tags
It’s Sara here today to share my tag, a fun technique, and one of my favourite ways to relax! I’m one of those strange people that loves to paper piece stamps. The more little bits I can “fussy-cut” cut and stick back together the better! When I was at the Retreat I bought a new Prima doll stamp by Julie Nutting and I got the Doll Christmas Card Kit as well – they went perfectly together! Late at night when my brain was mush, I decided to put this together:
- Take a Prima watercolour tag by Julie Nutting and get it wet by brushing on clean water.
- Press Distress Ink onto a non-stick craft mat and mist with water.
- Using a wet brush, pick up ink and dab onto tag – this wet on wet technique allows the colours to flow and blend. Mist and tilt the tag as desired to get the mix of colour you want.
- Allow to air dry for more intense colour, roll over with a paper towel to mute the colours.
- Stamp the doll on white cardstock and stamp individual pieces on various patterned papers (all mine are from the Card kit). Cut out everything (this is my relaxing bit, seriously!)
- Colour the doll’s skin and then start reassembling her with the patterned pieces.
- Adhere doll to tag, add a Santa hat, and embellish with Liquid Applique, glitter, crystals, and alpha stickers from the kit. Add 3 strips of skinny washi tape to the bottom to ground your girl and for fun, add googly eyes. Everything is better with googly eyes!
Done! And for a masculine twist, you can use the Aidan doll stamp (there are MORE boy stamps on order!)…
I made this tag with papers and stamps from the Kid’s Christmas Card kit which is super fun and there are a couple left in the store. What a great chance to save 25% off on the kits today – I highly recommend high-tailing it to The Paperie!
Thanks for joining in Sara – inspires me to pull out those doll stamps I’ve collected – super cute! The pattern papers in the card kits truly are perfect for paper piecing with the dolls, can’t wait to try it.
Do you have any items on your Crafty Christmas Wish List? Email your list to us and then tell your husbands, family, friends, etc. Our little elves will ensure Santa fills your stocking with the crafty things you really want.