Hi folks! It’s Meghan here today to share more holiday cards for our Christmas Create a Card series.
Last month I borrowed Wendy’s Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprint stamps to make some cards for the Printers’ Fair a month ago and I became addicted – so of course I had to buy them all for myself!
Here are just a few of the cards I made…
The result of some late night card making below…
I couldn’t stop with just one, so I stamped the ornament multiple times and coloured with my Wink of Stella brush pens. The glitter on these is so beautiful in person – and these cards sold like hot cakes at the Printers’ Fair.
Ornament Card Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprint #2 stamp set
- Technique Tuesday Magic of Christmas stamp set
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- Wink of Stella Brush Pens – all of them!
- Kraft cardstock
Look at this close-up of the glitter!
Instructions for Ornament Card:
- Stamp ornament on kraft card base with black ink
- Stamp sentiment below ornament with black ink
- Color images with Wink of Stella glitter brush pen – and that’s it!
Now for another Blueprint card…
Toy Soldier Card Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Christmas Blueprint #1 stamp set
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder
- EK Success embossing tool
- Heat gun
- Hero Arts Unicorn ink
- Black & white cardstock
Toy Soldier instructions:
- Cut black panel to 3.5 x 4.75
- Dust black panel with EK Success sticker deactivator tool – this reduces static and residue from fingertips so you don’t have a ton of embossing powder speckles on your card
- Stamp toy soldier on black panel with versamark ink, sprinkle white embossing powder and heat set
- Smudge Hero Arts Unicorn ink around image with finger or sponge dauber to create the chalkboard look
- Adhere black panel to white card base
There you have it, two very simple cards for the holidays!